Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deasure Matthew, formerly South Zone Chief, takes job as principal  (Read 408 times)

SKuykendall

• Very Posty
    • View Profile
According to Tiffany Lankes' Twitter feed, Deasure Matthew will leave her position as South Zone Chief to become the new principal of Wilson Foundation Academy.  Wasn't she previously a principal at one of the Wilsons?

No word yet on who will replace her or where the current principal of Wilson Foundation will be going....

SKuykendall

• Very Posty
    • View Profile
Re: Deasure Matthew, formerly South Zone Chief, takes job as principal
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 03:47:33 PM »
From what I understand, Wilson Foundation will retain their current principal, but she will be "bumped down" to an assisting role.

According to the documents for tonight's board meeting, Deasure Matthew will be paid $135,000 a year to run Wilson Foundation (not that much less than Vargas was getting for running the district on an interim basis) with assistance from the current principal.

As Zone Chief, was Dr. Matthew part of the SEG?  If she was, would this affect the negotiations that accompanied her move from Central Office to Wilson?

DarlaD

• Very Posty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 12:19:07 AM »
Per comments on the RCSD Adequate School Funding Facebook page, Dr. Matthew was part of the SEG. But I can't confirm if that is accurate.

SKuykendall

• Very Posty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 08:56:02 AM »
The salary structure of the RCSD fascinates me. 

On the one hand, people complain that Vargas is overpaid at $195,000.  On the other hand, principals make almost that.  (I believe Dr. Matthew will be making less than the SOTA principal does.) 

And $135,000 doesn't seem unreasonable for a principal if teachers with a lot of seniority can be paid $80,000 a year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »