Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The New Expeditionary Learning School Dr. Walter Cooper School #10  (Read 1030 times)

Meg

• Very Posty
    • View Profile
I was very excited to get an application to the new expeditionary learning school that is opening in September in the mail yesterday. I am so pleased that the district is recognizing the success of this model school (World of Inquiry, School Without Walls, Genesee Community Charter School) Dr. Walter Cooper School will be a K - 2 school and will grow into a K - 6 school.  I have attended meetings about the school and I do have a son who is going to be in kindergarten in the fall, but I am wondering if this application was mailed out to everyone with kids in the district.  The application explains that if you have already gone through the kindergarten registration process and made a citywide choice - you will also be entered into the lottery for this school and then be able to choose which school you would rather have your child attend if you are selected for a citywide in addition to Walter Cooper. I am sure there will be some confusion around this one but my point is let's get the word out about this school to parents who have kids in K - 2 and are looking for an alternative to traditional learning.  It is a great opportunity!

Hilary

• Very Posty
    • View Profile
Re: The New Expeditionary Learning School Dr. Walter Cooper School #10
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 02:56:42 PM »
I have a first-grader and I got an application ...

lbryce

• Very Posty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 11:00:07 PM »
I agree with the need to publicize!   Our son is also in first grade and we received an application as well. 

Did anyone with children in kind. or 1st grade this year not get an application?

Lori

Anna

• Very Posty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 05:23:39 PM »
I have a kindergartener and I don't think I got an application . . . . .

SKuykendall

• Very Posty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 08:03:35 PM »
I don't think we got an application either -- our daughter is in first grade.  Or perhaps we got one and my husband recycled it before I saw it.  (I think, though, that somehow our house has just fallen through the cracks of the RCSD mail machine -- we also did not seem to get the DACT ballot.  I have wondered if these omissions could be due to the fact that we are a South Zone family with a child in a Northeast Zone school.  Or, again, if all this could just be laid at the feet of the recycling dervish living in my house.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »